The Beekman Tower, also known as the Panhellenic Tower, is a 26-story art deco skyscraper located on the corner of First Avenue and East 49th Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York. It was built between 1927 and 1928 according to a design by John Mead Howells.
The Beekman Tower had been built for the New York chapter of the Panhellenic Association as a club and hotel for women in college sororities, but due to lack of sponsorship, it was opened to the general public in the mid-1930s. It later became a hotel and then corporate flats.
It has a design with numerous setbacks, chamfers in its corners and a mass that borders the limits of its lot. Its sculptural ornamentation was designed by Rene Paul Chambellan in an art deco style with Gothic influences. In 1998, the Commission for the Preservation of Historical Monuments of New York made the building an official symbol of the city.